Rise of the Tomb Raider - DLC
This page details all available DLC for Rise of the Tomb Raider. In addition to individual packs, items marked with an asterisk (*) are included in the Season Pass. The 20 Year Celebration Edition includes all DLC.
If you purchased the Season Pass on Xbox One and are having difficulty accessing content, try this: Navigate to the Games Store on your console. Search for Rise of the Tomb Raider. Select the Rise of the Tomb Raider Season Pass. Then select Manage. The next screen will show installed content and items ready to install. Select "Ready To Install" and follow the on-screen prompts. Once the DLC is actually installed, you should be able to access it in-game.
In the PC version, open your Steam Library, right-click Rise of the Tomb Raider, choose Properties from the pop-up menu, and then click the DLC tab. You can then check or un-check the DLC you would like to install/uninstall. Next time you run the game, it should download and install the necessary files.
If there's a trick to installing PS4 content, I hope someone will let me know, since I don't own that system.
LARA'S OUTFITS are covered in more detail on the separate Outfits page. Weapons are covered on (you guessed it!) the Weapons page.
This DLC adds a new Expedition mode centered on survival. In addition to countless hours of gameplay—thanks to procedurally generated levels and numerous challenges—Endurance Mode also includes the Pioneer outfit, Vintage Pickaxe (climbing axe skin), Endurance Card Pack (20 permanent foil cards), plus a separate set of achievements/trophies.
Synopsis: Alone in the wild, Lara must scrounge, scavenge, craft, and survive the harsh elements, as well as lethal threats from enemies, both man and beast. This is her ultimate woman-versus-wild test to push the limits of how long she can survive on her own in sprawling, unforgiving landscapes. Fire takes fuel, cold kills the unprepared, food restores health, but everything must be caught, collected, or crafted. You start with nothing and must find everything. Challenge friends to the longest survival run and battle to the top of the leaderboards for the title of Ultimate Survivor.
Originally released December 29, 2015. Follow this link for JHNMCHLTNR's Endurance Mode walkthrough.
Co-Op Endurance Mode will be introduced in conjunction with the launch of the 20 Year Celebration edition for PS4 October 11, 2016. It will also be included as part of the Season Pass for Xbox One and PC.
Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch*
This story-based DLC adds several hours of gameplay. It also includes the Wraithskin outfit and Dreamstinger bow, the Baba Yaga Card Pack (4 permanent foil cards), plus achievements/trophies.
Synopsis: Deep in the wilds of Siberia lies a forest that no man will enter, where a Soviet expedition vanished without a trace. Lara enters the Wicked Vale in search of a missing man, but she finds a nightmare that defies explanation. Is the witch, Baba Yaga, haunting the forest? Or is there more to the myth?
You can play this DLC any time after completing the Gulag section of Soviet Installation in the main story. At that point, make your way to the old sawmill near the logging camp. Activate Survival Instinct and you'll see a pink marker with a cow's skull marking the start of the Baba Yaga mission. (screenshot)
Originally released January 26, 2016. Here's my Baba Yaga walkthrough.
Cold Darkness Awakened*
This DLC is more action-oriented but does include some story and puzzle elements. It is accessed through the Expeditions section of the main menu. The Ushanka outfit, Voidhammer shotgun, and Cold Darkness Card pack (15 permanent foil cards) are unlocked gradually as you beat challenges. There's also a separate set of achievements/trophies.
Synopsis: Decommissioned during the Cold War, a dormant weapons research base has been breached, unleashing a mysterious affliction into the Siberian wilderness that transforms men into blood-thirsty, mindless killers. Lara must overcome increasingly dangerous waves of these infected adversaries while scavenging their equipment and crafting additional gear on the fly, in kill or be killed survival-combat.
Originally released March 29, 2016. Follow this link for Treeble's Cold Darkness walkthrough.
20 Year Celebration Pack*
This pack is not available on Xbox 360. It is actually multiple content packs in one:
- Croft Manor includes the story-based "Blood Ties" add-on and "Lara's Nightmare," a new Expedition mode in which Lara defends her ancestral home against hordes of undead. This DLC is unlocked once you reach the Siberian Wilderness level in the main game. You can then select 'Croft Manor' m the main menu and choose Blood Ties or Lara's Nightmare.
- Extreme Survivor adds an additional, even more challenging difficulty setting, which you can select when starting a new game.
- A Classic Skins pack includes 5 skins from the original Core Design games, plus a modern outfit and weapon inspired by Lara's TR3 Antarctica outfit. The Antarctica outfit and Hailstorm handgun are available during the main campaign. The others are unlocked when you finish the story.
- The 20 Year Celebration Card Pack adds 40(?) Expedition Cards, including permanent cards so you can equip the above outfits and weapon during Expeditions, such as Chapter Replay, as many times as you like. (More about Expedition Cards below.)
- Co-op Endurance Mode expands the existing Endurance Mode content so you can play online with a friend.
This content was released October 11, 2016. It is included along with all the other DLC in the 20 Year Celebration edition. It is also part of the Season Pass for PC and Xbox One, and it can be purchased separately as the 20 Year Celebration DLC pack on Steam or Xbox LIVE.
Here's a preview: Croft Manor and Co-Op Endurance DLC Detailed.
[Top of Page]
Outfit and Card Packs
Ancient Vanguard Pack*
Apex Predator Pack
- Apex Predator outfit includes patchwork clothing made of bear fur, animal claws, and cloth. A dried bloody hand print across Lara's face completes this intimidating look. Wearing it reduces damage inflicted by animals.
- Upgradable Python Hand Cannon.
- Holy Fire Card Pack, including the rare Holy Fire card, which causes enemies killed with melee attacks to burst into flames, damaging and igniting other enemies nearby.
- Originally a GameStop pre-order exclusive. Now available through Steam and Xbox Live.
Hope's Bastion Pack
- Hope's Bastion outfit consisting of ancient Byzantine-era chain mail armor, and tough leather. Wearing this outfit boosts Lara's charged bow shots.
- Wreckoner Battle Axe (decorative skin for the default climbing axes).
- Juggernaut Card Pack including the rare Juggernaut foil card, which gives Lara additional armor with each kill for a limited time.
- Originally an Amazon pre-order exclusive. Now available through Steam and Xbox Live.
Prophet's Legacy Pack*
Remnant Resistance Pack
- Spirit Weaver outfit combining animal skins and ancient Byzantine armor. Gives Lara a chance to bandage without using any resources.
- Moon Shadow (Matte Ebony) Magnum (decorative skin for the Heavy Pistol).
- Bullet Resistance Card Pack including the Bullet Resistance foil card, which gives Lara extra damage resistance to gunfire.
- Originally a pre-order exclusive offered by several retailers. Now available through Steam and Xbox Live.
Siberian Ranger Pack*
- Sparrowhawk outfit crafted from the furs and hides of animals Lara has hunted. Wearing this outfit also boosts Lara's hunting ability.
- White Widow Bow (decorative skin for the Recurve Bow).
- Master Hunter Card Pack including the rare Master Hunter foil card, which deals double damage on animals and yields double the resources when hunting.
- Originally a Best Buy pre-order exclusive. Now available through Steam and Xbox Live.
Tactical Survivor Pack
- Shadowrunner outfit consists of all-black clothing with a tactical vest and matching watch cap. While wearing this outfit, firing guns sometimes won't reduce the count of available ammo.
- Death's Breath Bow (decorative skin for the Compound Bow).
- Bow Master Card Pack including the rare Bow Master foil card, which grants all bow upgrades, increased arrow damage, and increased zoom.
- Offered as a bonus with certain Xbox One bundles but also available through Steam and Xbox Live.
Wilderness Survivor Pack*
- Nightshade outfit made of skins, fur, and cloth in autumn colors. Gives Lara the chance of looting exotic animal resources from common animals.
- Deathsong Hatchet (decorative skin for the default climbing axes).
- Wilderness Survivor Card Pack with two guaranteed rare cards and three other cards that have an increased chance of being rare.
Valiant Explorer Pack (Xbox Only)*
- Valiant Explorer outfit includes leather jacket, high-laced boots, and red scarf inspired by aviator Amelia Earhart. Increases the blast radius for explosive arrows.
- Originally offered as part of a promotion from Pringles. Later added to the Xbox One Season Pass and also available separately, though only for Xbox One.
[Top of Page]
Expedition Card Packs
Cards can only be used while playing Expeditions, the extra game modes accessed through the Expeditions section in the main menu. Cards cannot be used during the main campaign.
In addition to the special cards included in the major DLC and outfit packs listed above, you can buy the following generic card packs through the Marketplace section of the main menu:
- Bronze Pack – Contains 5 random cards.
- Silver Pack – Contains 5 random cards, one of which is guaranteed to be uncommon.
- Gold Pack – Contains 5 random cards, one of which is guaranteed to be rare.
- Platinum Pack – Contains 15 random cards, four of which are guaranteed to be rare.
- Diamond Pack – Contains 30 random cards, eight of which are guaranteed to be rare.
- Advantage Pack– Contains 5 cards which will give Lara an advantage. Note that cards that make gameplay easier usually also decrease your overall score.
- Challenge Pack – Contains 5 Expedition Cards which will inflict a restriction on Lara or make gameplay more difficult and thus increase your score.
- Wild Pack – Contains 5 Expedition Cards chosen from among the strangest cards in the collection.
There are also several ways of obtaining cards without spending money:
- As you play through the story, you will earn Expedition Credits, which can then be exchanged for card packs in the MARKETPLACE section of the main menu. Credits are awarded for things like raiding challenge tombs and crypts, and completing challenges and missions.
- You earn credits for finding backpacks left behind in the game where players on your Steam/Xbox/PSN friends list have died. (screenshot)
- Card packs are awarded at six in-game milestones. To avoid spoilers, I won't list these here, but all are mentioned in the walkthrough.
- You can unlock special card packs by beating challenges in various Expeditions. These are listed on the Wikiraider page linked below.
The walkthrough includes notes on each major Expedition Credit and Card Pack award. For a complete list of individual cards and card packs, visit Wikiraider's Expedition Cards page.
[Top of Page]
†UPDATE HISTORY: 9/14/16 - Page first posted online.
10/11/16 - Added details about the 20 Year Celebration DLC.
11/26/16 - Added Platinum and Diamond card packs.
WAS THIS WALKTHROUGH HELPFUL? If not, I apologize and invite you to contact me with any questions. If you need help right away, I recommend the r/TombRaider subreddit. Other fan-run forums are listed at tombraiders.net/stella/community.html. If this site was useful, please consider supporting it financially or in other ways. For details, visit tombraiders.net/stella/support.html. As always, I welcome your corrections/suggestions. Thank you!
Stella's Tomb Raider Site: tombraiders.net.